Further information related to this fact sheet: Anxiety disorders.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Anxiety - treatment options.
- Depression - coping and recovering.
- Depression - different types.
- Depression - how to get treatment.
- Depression and exercise.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder - family and friends.
- Panic attack.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Social phobia.
- Stress can become a serious illness.
- Torture and trauma.
Related information on other website
References used for this fact sheet
- Barlow, D. H. (2002), Anxiety and its disorders: The nature and treatment of anxiety and panic, Second Edition. Guildford Press, p. 134.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.