Further information related to this fact sheet: Farm safety - crush injuries.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Farm safety - confined spaces.
- Farm safety - handling animals.
- Farm safety - machinery.
- Farm safety - manual handling.
- Farm safety - quad bikes.
- Farm safety - risks and hazards.
Related information on other websites
References used for this fact sheet
- Unintentional machinery injury on farms in Victoria [online], Monash University Accident Research Centre. More information here.
- Farm machinery injury: injury involving tractor run-over [online] (434KB, pdf), Australian Centre for Agricultural Health and Safety. More information here.
- ‘Preventing unintentional farm injury’ [online], in Hazard, vol. 68, Victorian Injury Surveillance Unit, Monash University.
- Guarding grain augers [online] (669KB, pdf), Farmsafe. More information here.
- Injuries to Scottish farmers while tagging and clipping cattle [online] (146KB, pdf), Occupational Medicine, Oxford Journals UK. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.