Further information related to this fact sheet: Pancreatic cancer.
Related information on Better Health Channel
- Cancer - exercise to help you cope.
- Cancer and food.
- Cancer and heredity.
- Cancer pain management.
- Cancer treatments - chemotherapy.
- Cancer treatments - radiotherapy.
- Digestive system.
- Hormonal (endocrine) system.
Related information on other websites
Cancer Council Victoria.
Cancer Council Helpline
Cancer Council Victoria - Cut Your Cancer Risk.
Cancer Council Victoria’s booklet - Complementary and alternative cancer therapies..
National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
Multilingual Cancer Information Line, Victoria.
References used for this fact sheet
- Cancer in Victoria: Statistics and trends 2010. More information here.
- Pancreatic cancer, CancerHelp UK, Cancer Research UK. More information here.
- Bahra, M. & Jacob, D, 2008, ‘Surgical palliation of advanced pancreatic cancer’, Pancreatic Cancer, Recent Results in Cancer Research, vol. 177, pp. 111–20. More information here.
- Misek, D.E., Patwa, T.H., Lubman, D.M. & Simeone, D.M, (2007), ‘Early detection and biomarkers in pancreatic cancer’, in Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, November, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 1034–41. More information here. (Free account login required to access full article)
- ‘Pancreatic adenocarcinoma clinical practice guidelines in oncology’, 2005 , Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. More information here.
- Pancreatic cancer – detailed guide, The American Cancer Society. More information here.
This fact sheet, like all fact sheets on the Better Health Channel, has passed through a rigorous and exhaustive approval process. It is also regularly updated. For more information see our quality assurance page.