Risotto with leek and pumpkin
Recipe highlights Serves: 5
- Store covered in fridge (under 5°C)
- Gluten free
- Egg free
- Nut free
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
400 g rice (arborio)
2 small leeks, well rinsed and finely chopped
200 g pumpkin, very finely cubed
1 1/2 litre salt-reduced vegetable stock, very hot, (check that brand is gluten free)
1/2 cup white wine
5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
2. Fry the leeks for about 5 minutes until soft but not coloured.
3. Add the pumpkin and fry gently, stirring for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the rice and stir to coat, followed by the wine.
5. Add the stock, gradually stirring for about 20 minutes, until the grains are swollen and soft.
6. Take the risotto off the heat and stir in the cheese.
7. Cover and stand for 2 minutes.
8. Transfer to a warmed serving platter and serve.
Average quantity per Serving
Average quantity per 100g
|Total fat (g)|
|- Saturated fat (g)|
|- Polyunsaturated fat (g)|
|- Monounsaturated fat (g)|
|- Sugars (g)|
|Dietary fibre (g)|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
|Total folate (ug)|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)|
(Logo links to further information)
This recipe was orginally published as:
Leek and pumpkin risotto
Recipe publication date on: 08/22/2001
Last reviewed on: 20/11/2012