Rice - spicy saffron
Recipe highlights Serves: 6
- Suitable to freeze
- Store covered in fridge (under 5°C)
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Egg free
- Email this recipe
- Add recipe to your shopping list for re-using and sharing
- 500 g long grain rice
2 litres vegetable or chicken stock, (Gluten free)
1/2 teaspoon saffron powder
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1. Wash rice, add to boiling stock with saffron. Boil until rice is just cooked (10 to 15 minutes).
2. Strain and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Set aside and stir through with fork occasionally to dry.
3. Heat wok or heavy-based pan and fry chillies, garlic and ginger in peanut oil.
4. Add rice and stir-fry until heated through.
Notes: If you are preparing food for people on a gluten-free diet, always check the ingredients on all food labels, especially any prepared items like sauces.
Average quantity per Serving
Average quantity per 100g
|Total fat (g)|
|- Saturated fat (g)|
|- Polyunsaturated fat (g)|
|- Monounsaturated fat (g)|
|- Sugars (g)|
|Dietary fibre (g)|
|Niacin equivalents (mg)|
|Vitamin C (mg)|
|Total folate (ug)|
|Total vitamin A equivalents (ug)|
|Beta carotene equivalents (ug)|
(Logo links to further information)
This recipe was orginally published as:
Spicy saffron rice
Recipe publication date on: 08/23/2001
Last reviewed on: 13/03/2012