Headache - some causes explainedIt is likely that nearly all of us will experience a headache during our lifetimes.
Headaches can be caused by stress, diet, some medications, neck, jaw, nerve or hormonal problems, and eye, ear, nose and throat conditions.
Sun protection in the snowMost Australians are aware of the dangers of ultraviolet (UV) radiation during summer. We often forget that winter activities such as snow skiing or snowboarding also pose a high risk of sunburn and tanning.
Say whenYou may find it hard to say no to other people when you have had enough to drink.
Here are some tips and ideas to stay in control of your drinking.
Links to a few newly revised fact sheets
Did you know
- You can acquire a sexually transmissible infections (STI) without developing any signs or symptoms.
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis) can vary in severity, and symptoms may flare up or subside from day to day.
- Retroperitoneal fibrosis is the abnormal growth of tissue on and around abdominal structures including blood vessels and ureters.
- Active children are more likely to mature into physically active adults.
Test your knowledgeFind out about your nervous system with our quick health quiz. Test your knowledge about nerves, neurones and neurotransmitters.
Nervous system - quiz
In the news
- Stroke can occur in children
- Men's health
- Depression - an overview
- Menopause - hormone replacement therapy
Become a Better Health Channel fan on Facebook
The Better Health Channel now has its own page on Facebook. By becoming a fan, you are declaring your support for the Better Health Channel. Help spread the word about this comprehensive and free resource by introducing your friends to the Better Health Channel.
Follow Better Health Channel on Twitter
Australia's Number 1 Health and Medical Information Website
View previous newsletters